2019 – 2023
The mission of the Adams Free Library is to provide a comfortable environment for patrons and the community in which they can receive educational, informational and recreational services as well as gain lifelong habits of learning, self-improvement and self-expression.
Goals and Activities
Goal 1: Keep up to date with Sirsi/Workflows system
- Work with NCLS as needed
- Continuously weed as necessary
2. Goal 2. Provide a diverse, relevant collection for the community to enjoy as well as for educational purposes.
- Purchase more new popular bestsellers.
- Purchase newer popular DVDs.
- Purchase updated non-fiction materials as needed.
- Purchase popular magazine subscriptions.
Goal 3: Encourage training for the library staff
- Pay staff to attend trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Provide mileage reimbursements at the current rate.
- Familiarize staff with NCLS consultants, IT staff and other personnel.
Goal 4: Provide programs for the community to enjoy in a safe and welcoming environment.
- offer a weekly preschool story hour program.
- Participate in the statewide summer reading program
- Coordinate with other community events offered to highlight the library.
- Plan other programs as the director sees fit or as needed.
Goal 5: Make the library a Community Center
- Offer and publicize programming.
- Offer space for tutoring.
- Have and be familiar with local school reading lists. Promote and make available as many books as possible from the reading lists.
- Provide online children’s resources as well as popular children’s games.
- Make the children’s area easily accessible, comfortable, bright and kid friendly.
- Makerspace – STEM, STEAM
- Offer volunteer/community service opportunities for teens/young adults.
Goal 6: Provide Community Outreach
- Promote and continuously update website.
- Use Social Media
- Attend trainings, workshops and meetings pertaining to this issue.
- Compile patron and community wants and needs.
Goal 7: Support the technological needs of the community.
- Replace computers and hardware as needed.
- Do weekly computer updates.
- Install new software as needed.
- Allow use of the copier and fax machine.
Goal 8: Establish and Maintain Community Partnerships
- Touch base with local organizations, businesses, school district and government to see how we can help each other.